K & S has handled litigation matters ranging from breach of contract to defamation to tort actions, using efficient and effective strategies to battle major firms or government.counsel.
Civil Litigation Matters
Representative Matters and Results
- A recently filed lawsuit on behalf of a Rwandan woman who alleges she was raped by Rwanda’s former Ambassador and Permanent Representative to the United Nations while she was working as a college intern at Rwanda’s Permanent Mission to the Uniited Nations.
- A Board member of a satellite communications company who alleged defamation, including allegations of quasi-espionage and ITAR violations. The matter was resolved short of trial on favorable terms.
- A founder of Guess jeans who had been countersued by former employees, resulting in a $400 million-plus verdict. K & S was brought in to develop arguments on appeal involving constitutional violations. The arguments developed, which included assertions of First Amendment violations, resulted in a reversal of the verdict.
- A woman who had lost at trial on a medical malpractice claim after the trial court ruled that trial counsel had not established the relevant standard of care via expert testimony. K & S handled the matter on appeal and successfully got the ruling reversed.
- A venture capitalist who sued his former business partner for fraud and mismanagement of funds. The matter was resolved on favorable terms after K & S showed that the defendant had deleted key documents and communications in advance of litigation.
- K & S served as co-counsel with Williams & Connolly, LLP in a class action case against the U.S. Department of Justice seeking overtime pay for some 9000 DOJ attorneys.